Salesforce Task Management for Effective Teams
Salesforce is one of the most vigorous and powerful CRM systems available to sales teams to monitor the interactions of an organization or company with its customers.
This single software can be considered a gift if handled properly and used carefully and to its fullest but if not used correctly, the platform can certainly be a bit overwhelming and can become a challenge as well. This platform offers a to-do list for its users and these are called Salesforce Tasks. This feature helps salespeople in a company keep a record of what tasks need to be completed and the due date for the completion of a given task. It also provides daily reminders to the users of what’s up on their to-do lists.
How to create tasks in Salesforce:
In order to create a task,
- Go to the My Tasks section of your home page or the Create New drop-down list on any page within Salesforce. You can opt for both methods and both these methods are equally effective and easy to follow.
To create a task from the relevant record you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the name of the record
- Enter the name of the record that you want to link in the Search bar and click the Search button. After you click Search, a Search Results page will appear.
- Click the name of the record that you want to view from the search results page.
- The detailed page of the record will appear.
- Now click the New Task button on the Open Activities. A New Task page appears.
- Filling in the relevant fields
- Fill in the relevant fields in order to assign the task to the user. The tasks that need to be assigned usually appear on the My Tasks section of the Assigned home page.
- Next, you will be asked to add a brief description of the task.
- Arranging tasks based on priority
- The tasks which are of real importance have an exclamation mark on the assigned user’s home page. This makes the user aware of the importance of the assigned task.
- You will also be able to see another option that states “status” which tells about the progress of the task.
- Other than that, the due date of the task is also written which is the date by which you expect the task to be completed.
- Enabling notifications
- This next point is optional for you. In order to notify the person or user to whom you want to assign the new task, select the Send Email Notification checkbox. Selecting this checkbox will send a notification to the user immediately upon assigning a new task.
- This is useful because not every user will log in to salesforce daily. Some might not be able to get notified about their assigned tasks. So e-mail notifications are useful in order to make sure that tasks are timely delivered to the right people and can be completed timely as well.
- Click Save.
- The task will now be saved and it appears in the My Tasks section of the home page of the user who’s assigned the task.
Significance of salesforce task management:
With salesforce task management, you can schedule different tasks and events. You can assign tasks in salesforce to different people, and different team members, prioritize your tasks and events by the due date and keep a record of events and tasks through reports and dashboards. This software also provides push notifications, and in-app alerts to remind the users of their tasks.
Salesforce Activity and Task management can also be used to monitor the overall team progress on tasks. This will boost effectiveness, and monitor the statistics to increase sales revenue.
Reasons why you should Salesforce task management
Here are some of the reasons why you should use apps/software for salesforce activity and task management.
- Handling multiple projects at the same time is not an easy task because at times it can become a bit too overwhelming. Salesforce Project Management Apps can help you organize multiple projects simultaneously to make things easier for you and to manage tasks in a more apprehensive way.
- It can help you to keep a track of all the tasks and it enables you to update your tasks instantly and without any difficulty.
- It improves task scheduling since it is a very important step in the management of salesforce tasks.
- It improves workflow efficiency.
Process for task management in salesforce:
1. Use Journey Builder
Use Journey Builder, a salesforce app to manage consigned customers and monitor customer journeys. This program sends messages to potential consumers making them purchase your goods and avail of your services. This increases the number of people and users visiting and purchasing your goods.
2. Enable task notifications
These apps and software offer you your to-do lists. These lists prove to be quite helpful for you since they keep track of your tasks. If you have Salesforce Lightning, you can add reminders to complete the tasks and you can enable notifications for all the tasks in your list. This allows Salesforce to work more like a management tool that keeps your team updated about the progress of all the tasks.
3. Use Chatter to share files
Chatter is Salesforce’s business social networking app and it is used to increase the productivity and sales revenue of your company.
Chatter works by publishing new posts and users or people who are interested can leave comments on the post if they have any queries or want to know anything about the product or services offered.
Posts published on chatter can be aimed at a specific number of people as well by creating a group.
4. Browse Salesforce AppExchange to find more about the task management apps
Nearly 400 apps and software can be found by simply typing “task management”. As mentioned above, there are many benefits of using such apps if you want to increase profits and gather a good audience.
In short, task management in salesforce is very essential in order to increase the productivity of the business. Different salesforce task management apps are used to keep a track of interactions between the organizations and the users.